Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Expedition update June 29th, 2011

Arrived  yesterday in Woodshole and put my bike back together!
As in any major expedition there are always "glitches." As you know I am on Martha's Vineyard staying with my good friends Teri and Sean in West Tisbury. I forgot that I do not get cell reception here, so if you need to get ahold of me before tomorrow at 11am, send me email at bill@poindexterrecruiting.com


I took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard

I will be leaving MV at 1115 and getting into Newport about 3pm. I am staying at a hostel called the William Gyles Guesthouse. There was no place to camp in Newport and I wanted to spend a afternoon there before I leave the next morning.  I also wanted to find a place that future cyclists could stay at as a embarking point for the W3R Bike Route. I will pay $35 for a dorm room, plus tax.


I will leave Newport, form the Rochambeau Statue at 10am on July 1st. I am being interviewed by Jim Gillis of the Newport Daily News at 9am at the Statue.
Staying with friends in West Tisbury
And they live on the State Forest
Bike Path...go figure ;)








I plan to arrive at Joy Homestead at 3-4pm.

Peace, Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment